Made goal, gained all the weight back, ashamed and afraid I'll never get back to goal again. How to move forward?

It's more than just the closet and dresser full of clothes that no longer fit, it's seeing people you haven't seen since you were at your fittest, only to gain 25 lbs since then (which is a LOT on my frame), and want to run and hide so they dont see you "like this" . I am embarrassed. I feel like a failure and i feel totally out of control. I'm good for a week, then go back to bad habits. I don't know how to finally get my act back together. I know what i have to do, but actually DOING it is seemingly impossible. Been struggling with some depression and emotional/stress eating. Used to work out every day, now i can barely keep up half the workout schedule i used to. I thought hitting this weight would be enough to shake myself out of the fog and get back on the wagon, but nothing has worked and I just keep gaining.

For those of you who hit goal weight, stumbled and gained it all back, were you ever able to get back to goal? What got you back to the habits that made you successful? What changes did you make to help make it stick? I'm so tired of the stutter steps toward progress, only to fall on my face again. How do I hold myself accountable and convince myself that what I had is attainable again? What made you get your act together?

submitted by /u/yuppers1090
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2MbwsxH

Post a Comment

0 Comments