Maintaining Motivation: Rewards

I started out this journey with 86lbs to lose. That's a big amount of weight and would take time to lose healthily, in a way I could maintain. Currently 30lbs down!! 56lbs more to go!

So, I took my overall goal and broke it down into mini goals with rewards.

For example, I have a notepad on my phone with mini goals every 10ish pounds. At each of these, I put a non-food reward. My first was a lipstick that I had a sample of and loved the color. The next goal I'm focusing on right now comes with a 3 night stay away from home of my choosing. Another one is getting a tattoo. In addition to those, I have some bigger rewards when I hit "overweight" at 160, and "normal bmi" at 134.

These goals are things I really, really, really want or look forward to. In some ways, they keep me more focused. When I was 4lbs away from that lipstick, you can bet I made sure to keep logging, meal prepping etc because I was so close to finally getting it. Lol

I do sometimes change the reward, depend on if it still is something I want. I even have some some mini goal weights without a reward yet, since nothing has popped into my mind yet.

Anyone else do this? What are some of your rewards? How else are you maintaining motivation on this journey?

submitted by /u/MamitaA
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Oc2vjA

Post a Comment

0 Comments