I can't be my own worst enemy and my own cheerleader at the same time.

I've been having a really hard time lately. I've still managed to log everything I eat and still be in a deficit 98% of the time, though not nearly as large a deficit as I'd prefer. I've also been continuing to work out, and just hit a PR running at the gym yesterday. But I know I'm not doing the best I can. I've been internally beating myself up and thinking horrible things about where I am and how I look. And it's no wonder I have been struggling to eat my allotted calories! I haven't been taking care of myself mentally, and of course I reacted by wanting to eat emotionally; I couldn't even be open and honest with myself about how much it was hurting me. I don't blame myself at all for crumbling a little under that immense pressure.

I sat down today and reminded myself of all of the things I've accomplished since I started this journey at the end of May. I'm the skinniest I've been since I left for college 4.5 years ago, I fell in love with lifting weights, and I can run a mile, easy. And I looked through all of my college photos to give myself a reality check. Just because I am not done with my journey does not mean that everything I've done to get here somehow doesn't count, or that I'm not worthy of loving myself until I cross the finish line.

Today, I'm making it my highest priority to care for myself, and I'm going to try my hardest not to talk badly about myself and my capabilities and undermine my own success. I can't be my own worst enemy and my own cheerleader at the same time. I'm back on the wagon, and I'm bringing a lot less self-deprication this time.

submitted by /u/IntrinsicCryBaby
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/34cHry8

Post a Comment

0 Comments