Took my new year resolution seriously, here's my progress pic 6 months later (170lbs -> 129 lbs)

Monthly progress pic

​

I don't know if it is expected that I share a story to accompany my weight loss journey, so I will just give a short version (I will provide more in the comment if needed). I should preface this by saying that I am an Asian girl so my ideal weight is probably a bit too low for a lot of people. When I graduated high school about 5 years ago I was at 110 lbs. I don't have any good excuse as to why I gain weight, life just happen, so over the course of 5 years I gradually let myself gained weight to where I was at the beginning of the year (which was 170 lbs). I didn't really feel bad about my weight, but I thought I look better when I was thinner, so starting at the beginning of this year I started hitting the gym and did CICO.

​

I'm not gonna lie, it is quite difficult sometime to stay motivated, it not easy to follow through your gym routine, especially during quarantine when you don't have a variety of option. There was a lot of day where I know I need to exercise but couldn't find the motivation to do so. It is crazy to think that I have sticked through with it for 6 month straight, despite all the hardship that came. I'm still not at where I want to be yet, and there are still a long way to go ahead of me, especially since the lower I go, the harder it is to lose weight.

​

I'm sorry for not being eloquent with my words, English is my second language.

​

EDIT: Per rule 10, the detail of what I do is the following:

- I aim to eat about 1200 calories a day, 1600 calories at maximum.

- Before quarantine started I did a variety of exercise, I swam 20 laps, ran 2 miles, did barbell lifting and abs workout 3 days a week. I also did 2 hours of tennis on Sunday and play 1 hour of fitness boxing, 1 hour of Ring Fit Adventure (both on the Nintendo Switch) every other days that I don't do the other aforementioned exercise.

- After quarantine I got lazy, so instead I did 2 hours of elliptical and abs workout on MWF, 3 hours of elliptical and dumbbell lifting (15 lbs each hand) on Tues/Thurs/Sat.

- I do have cheat days, but it not often at all (I think I eat over my calories limit about 10 times at most in the last 6 months. The key to it is if I feel like I over eat my calories limit for one meal, I will skip eating the rest of the day).

submitted by /u/JacquelineCharmander
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2MSm3aL

Post a Comment

0 Comments