Progress Dramatically slowing recently - what's up with that?

OK, so I've been working at improving my weight situation since the beginning of February, and I've had fairly consistent progress.

I started at 130kg (height 179cm), as of this morning I am 101.6kg.

My issue is that a week ago I was 101.3kg About a week before that I was 101.6kg And a bit over a week before that I was 101.9kg.

I've basically stayed at this 101.5kg mark since the 22nd of june.

I've been tracking my calories using my fitness pal, with a daily goal of 6,000kj. (I selected sedentary as my activity level, and a desired loss of approx 1kg/week)

I have an apple watch that estimates my resting energy consumption at around 9,500kj/day, and my active energy is generally 2,000-3,000kj on top of that. So my TDEE should be roughly 12,000kj ish

Now, to be fair my weight hasn't exactly flat-lined in this time, I went on holiday for a week and put on 3kg - however I'm pretty sure I didn't truly put on 3k as I simply didn't eat enough calories (I basically had 5/6 days of 12-15,000ish kj - even assuming I had zero metabolism I didn't consume enough calories to put on 3 kg of fat.) those 3 kg fell right back off within about a week.

Basically I was flat around 101.5 for a week, then a week where I fluctuated up a bit but was back to 101.5 by the end of the week, then the 2 weeks of my holiday that started and ended with me at 101.5, and now I'm flat for another week at 101.5 - It's been approx 5 weeks

My exercise routine (daily walks of 3 - 5km) totally fell off for the last 2 months or so, but I'm getting back into the swing of things in that department as of the last week.

I figure if I just stick with it the weight will continue to fall, but I'm curious what the go is with this notable slowing in my progress all of a sudden?

Cracking the 100kg barrier is soooooo close - if I'd had this slowdown when I was 2kg lighter I don't think I'd care anywhere near as much, but it's hard when you can see a goal right there and it just eludes you...

submitted by /u/its-my-1st-day
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2OF2tzF

Post a Comment

0 Comments