For those of you who have lost a significant amount of weight, how are you dealing with the fact that people who previously rejected you are now interested in you romantically?

I have lost a significant amount of weight. I was so used to never being hit on that when guys that previously rejected me started reaching out to me again, at first I thought they were just being friendly. That’s how I would always interpret our interactions before, because I was never the girl that got hit on. oh, he’s just being nice, he just wanted to congratulate me.

Then when those same guys started asking me out on dates, it really caught me off guard and made me feel weird. But I get it. I get that human beings are visual creatures. Still, I would be lying if I said it did not hurt my feelings. At first it pissed me off for obvious reasons, but then I realized it just is what it is. It’s normal behavior as much as it feels shitty.

The hardest part is coming to terms with the fact that all those excuses you made up in your head when you were fat to try to spare your own feelings turned out to be super wrong. Your friends who kept trying to encourage you just to be nice were also wrong. Maybe he’s just too busy for a girlfriend, maybe he wants to take things slow....

Nope, you were wrong. Actually it was your body after all.

submitted by /u/bickingbackbeinbool
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/33kbdBw

Post a Comment

0 Comments