My weight loss is not a spectator sport

I have lost and regained over 50 lbs three times in my life. When I'm in the losing part of the cycle, it is absolutely infuriating when someone compliments my weight loss. It triggers my issues with my value as a person being defined by my weight.

Since January I've lost 60 lbs and I'm starting to get those comments again. I just got a text from my neighbour, who I don't talk to frequently and am not friends with, commenting how good I look. I fought the urge to tell him to fuck off.

I'm worried as quarantine ends and I start seeing my friends and family again that the onslaught of unwanted comments will drive me to gain weight again, as it has multiple times before.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to keep my cool and not let others affect me?

submitted by /u/AdoreLisbon
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2XSpgNT

Post a Comment

0 Comments