Update #1: My Dad has to buy a lift for my Mom...

I got so many replies to my last post, and it seems like a good time for an update.

Mom is still stuck in her bed unable to walk. She says she feels slightly better, but the leg affected by the sciatica is still numb, haven't heard anything about her blood clot, so it must be breaking up on its own like the hospital said it should. My sister is still handling all the toileting /hygiene stuff for her like a champ. My Dad got laid off from work(thanks Covid -.-), so now he can be home and help out more with moving Mom for that stuff. Insurance sent a social worker to evaluate what programs/services she qualifies for and a nurse to evaluate what her current needs are. She now has a nurse coming every week for a small amount of time, a home health aide for small amount of time, as well as an occupational therapist and physical therapist. As for Dad, he never actually got a lift to move Mom because everyone told him to wait to see what insurance would approve/cover.

Dad is actively keeping junk/fast foods out of the house(hasn't been any issues there at all). I go over every Saturday afternoon to cook and prep the week's portioned out meals and figure out the calories for each. My Mom has been tracking all her foods in myfitnesspal app, AND my sister has been tracking her food too! I was super surprised about that, I hope she'll see results and stick to it.

Tonight over text message I walked her through how to do the math for figuring out the calorie counts in home cooked meals. It took 3 hours but she prepped a bunch of food containers for 2 different dinners.

Mom has been really cooperative, hasn't had any trouble sticking to her caloric allotment, and is enjoying what I've been making. I just try to keep it simple. Each meal always has a lean meat, veggies, a proper portion of some type of carb, lots of seasonings to keep it tasty, but low sodium to keep her BP down. Hopefully with OT and PT won't be stuck in bed forever. She agreed to go to a rehab facility for all her care if she doesn't see improvement in her mobility in a few weeks.

Here's to hoping everyone in their house sticks to the plan.

submitted by /u/galacticflowergarden
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3hcJMQW

Post a Comment

0 Comments