Advice: Is my sweet tooth ruining my progress?

19F, 5’7”, CW: 150lbs, GW: 135 lbs

I’ve just started to actively try and lose weight, using a combination of CICO and exercise. I try to stay under 1200 calories a day, and I don’t have much of a problem doing it. Except for when it comes to my extreme cravings.... I have quite the sweet tooth. Every day I have dessert, whether it’s a lot of fruit, a bag of Smart Sweets candy, or a serving size of cookie dough or ice cream. I’m able to eat any of this while maintaining my calorie goals, but are they ruining my weight loss?

I know these foods aren’t the most nutritious, especially the candy, cookies, and ice cream. I could be using my extra calories to eat something “better for me,” but I really can’t help it. I need to eat dessert, or I know (from experience) I’ll have an uncontrollable binge at the end of the week. Is weight loss solely CICO, or does what you eat really matter?

submitted by /u/skinnylegendv
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2DIeXEF

Post a Comment

0 Comments