Being on the right track (and storytelling)

I (23M, 175cm/5.9",120kg/264lbs) have been having body issues for a long time. Since lockdown started in France, it was the occasion for me to focus on changing my ways in a healthy way. And it worked.

l tried a lot of things, but finally found what is working for me as I lost 10kgs today since lockdown hit in France in a healthy, non extreme diet way as I previously did. I'm am extremely proud and felt the need of sharing that accomplishment. If you don't care about my story don't bother reading more, I just want to share to ease my urge to share how proud I am with people that would not demean it and might even find it useful.

Weight has been weighing down on me (I'm ashamed of that pun) for 10 years when I stopped being a national level gymnast because of bullying in my team, going from athlete level exercise to nearly non, and pushing back those feeling in food.

Fast forward to the end of high school, I took on weight, but nothing dramatic, but that was without my first years in college. Left home, went to study in Hong-Kong, disaster. Revealed my depression and once again ate my feeling, but this time gaining ~40kgs (~90pounds). Dropped out, went back to live with my parent 18 months later and started extreme but effective diet. Until I stated college again in France and gained it slowly but surely back.

Started a relationship in that time, that would be my longest, most serious and at the same time most toxic I've had, especially regarding my weight (partner being ashamed of me because of my area of study and weight, keeping me away from her friends, hiding it from mutuals and making weight lose ultimatums), increasing my disgust for my own body even tho I was getting mental help.

With losing her and some other negative people before covid, I managed to start getting along better with my body and now, by losing those 10 symbolic kgs by "simply" being aware of my unhealthy eating habits like sugar craving, alcohol, binge eating, eating outside of meal times and fixing the most problematic. I still get my sugar from time to time, especially as I love to cook, but I restrict my eating hours, and portion (that one was the worse early on, now it's second nature as I simply can't eat as much anymore) and adding cardio 3-4 times a week.

This result is huge for me as I managed to cut bad habits and turn them into good ones, meaning that it will be a possible long term change for the best and the only time I'll be prouder that I currently am is when I'll be at a desired weight (or finish my seemingly neverending PhD 😩)

Thanks for bearing with me, my story, my English and my selfish need to share that accomplishment with people, I truly hope that you will get to your goals and got something out of that. I truly wish you all the best.

submitted by /u/TsukikoNoNamida
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3hhkArw

Post a Comment

0 Comments