Came across this youtube video about the science behind willpower and decision making that I though a lot of people here would find interesting

Here's the link!

Without a doubt the number one reason why long term weight loss has always been so hard for me is decision fatigue. That desire to mindlessly eat an entire bag of skinny pop while having a big glass of wine after work never really goes away completely. Every day I have to consciously make decisions: what I eat, how much I eat, what I can't eat. How many calories is this many grams? What if I eat this instead of this? What if I don't eat so I can order this when we go out later? What if I just make today a cheat day? What if I only eat one serving of popcorn, half this halo top, a single piece of pizza? Etc. (Then I'll think about how the rest is sitting in my kitchen and have to make the decision to resist eating it. If I don't have something I'm craving I'll think about going out and getting it- another decision I have to wrestle with)

Its exhausting. I've tried to reach my goal weight many, many times at this point. Tried many different approaches to CICO like OMAD, IF, meal prepping, etc. After ~4 or 5 months, the longest I've stuck to CICO, I'm tired. And eventually I decide the stress isn't worth it and I'll give up.

I'm sure there are some people who can relate.

The thing is people who are normal weight, have been a normal weight their whole life, don't have to make half the decisions about food we have to make regularly. The question doesn't even occur to them.

Disclaimer: I never studied psychology or sociology so I can't comment on how accurate the content is but sources are cited in the video

submitted by /u/DrLexaloo
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3fGSnKD

Post a Comment

0 Comments