Hey everyone! I (28M) am 5’5” and recently hit my highest weight at 234. And even tho I’d been seeing these kinds of numbers on the scale for a while I kind of didn’t grasp how Not Ideal my lifestyle was until the other day.

When I was sprawled on the couch and tried to get up and couldn’t. It took me three tries and I ended up kind of slithering/rolling over the side and then clambering to my feet.

And I suddenly realized that during this quarantine I had left my apartment maybe a grand total of... five times? I work from home at a computer and then spend the rest of the day reading/watching TV/playing games. I actively avoid doing anything that makes me sweat or breathe heavily which is.... just about anything.

My diet sucks. My lifestyle sucks. I get sick a lot, you know how this while thing goes.

So! Today I did my first workout in a long. Freaking. Time. It only lasted about fifteen minutes, if that. The weights weren’t impressively heavy, I didn’t do that many sets or reps of anything. The finale was me saying “and now I’ll walk at a normal pace up and down this flight of stairs five times!” I could only do three.

But! Isn’t this what I love about stories? Isn’t this what I love about shows? Isnt this what I love about games? Someone who thinks they’re a huge loser, has a lot of trouble with stuff that should be easy, and has everything to prove?

So, hello everyone, I’m sorry to say I am not even confident enough to post a pic, but here I am!! Let’s all do our best together and I’m ready to accept this challenge and stick with it and prove to myself that I CAN do this, I CAN fix my own problems, and I CAN get off the couch in a way that is not hilarious!

submitted by /u/TileFloor
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2OAl14b