Had to eat dinner alone and I feel horrible

I'm part of a big family and living at home during quarantine. Usually there's 5-7 of us who eat dinner together. On the rare night that I do eat dinner alone (maybe once every 2 weeks) I use it as an excuse to have a cheat meal because I;m ashamed to eat junk food in front of others, which I admit is fucked up. I've been working on not being a sneaky eater but it's hard bc I was living alone before this and used to being able to eat without feeling judged. Anyway, tonight I had a late online meeting and everyone else in my family ate dinner before me, but I hadn't realized this was going to happen so I was surprised to discover I'd be eating alone tonight. So I took it as an opportunity to practice not eating junk even though I was alone. And I didn't! I ate green beans, chicken, that yogurt ranch dressing mixed with buffalo sauce, and a few tablespoons of PB2 with cherries for dessert. But I ate way too fast, and I feel awful, and I keep overthinking the choices I made and thinking shit, I shouldn't have eaten the chicken, and I shouldn't have eaten the cherries, and I have to weigh myself tomorrow, and I ate way too fast. Objectively it was a healthy meal that was close to fitting my macros perfectly in Myfitnesspal and I should feel good about it, but I feel terrible. I've had eating and body image issues in the past and I know quarantine is making them resurface. I'm just frustrated with myself that I can't just eat a meal and move on with my life.

submitted by /u/big_sky_99
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2CRoHf0

Post a Comment

0 Comments