How accurate is a TDEE calculator?

As a 180lbs (last I checked, which was many months ago; I may be lower) male of 5'9, 25 years old, at "moderate exercise" my TDEE calculation is saying 2777 calories for maintenance. That seems...high to me.

I should also note that I may be modest when I say "moderate exercise" as I cycle about 100-140 km per week on average (tracked by Strava) and have also begun weight lifting.

Nevertheless, as what I feel is likely an overestimate (and I do weigh my food) I finished today's eating at 2150 calories after a full body weight training session and about 16km of cycling + work which, itself is a "standing/walking" job.

Should I really be eating more? It feels like quite a lot already and I imagine in order to get those calories I'm gonna have to start binging on chocolate.

submitted by /u/Karahi00
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/30AAxCJ

Post a Comment

0 Comments