I made myself a promise while I had COVID, time to make it happen

I had COVID and even though I'm only 30 years old, it really kicked my ass. I sat up at night, struggling to breathe, afraid to fall asleep because I thought I might suffocate.

I have no underlying conditions except for obesity, and there was no reason for me to have such a hard time with it. I told myself one of those nights that if I made it through this, I was going to change. I was going to get my weight down to a healthy range and stop shooting myself in the foot.

Well, I'm healthy again (yay!) and its time to put my money where my mouth is. I did a virtual visit with my doctor and she sent me some really helpful nutrition and exercise literature because I'm a big reader and I'm ready to do this! I've started counting my calories and I've already shed a couple of pounds so I'm feeling really good, I even got my partner inspired to do it with me.

So here we go, no real reason to share this except that I wanted to speak it back into the universe. I'm ready, I've remade myself from the ground up before, time to do it again.

submitted by /u/Freddie_boy
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/30fMdKQ

Post a Comment

0 Comments