Is there any benefit to being lower in the "healthy" BMI range?

5'3 / 22F / CW: 115 pounds / CW: 52.2 kg

Hi everyone. At the start of quarantine in mid-March, I weighed 125 pounds (56.7 kg) which was a weight I had maintained for about two years after a forty pound loss (18 kg). In other words, I already had a BMI that is classified as healthy. However, I was not exercising regularly and felt very pudgy in general so I decided to increase my activity and focus on eating at a deficit again. As a result, I have lost ten pounds (4.5 kg) in the past four months.

My goal weight has always mentally been around 100 to 105 pounds (45.3 to 47.6 kg) as it is towards the bottom of the "healthy" BMI range and would therefore put more distance between myself and an "overweight" BMI. However, weight loss has recently been getting very difficult. I am feeling exhausted despite not doing much outside of my daily exercise (around 30 minutes, sometimes a little over). I am CONSTANTLY hungry - even if I eat high fat or high protein foods that are supposed to increase feelings of satiety - because I have to stay at or below around 1000 calories to lose weight. I will eat a meal and then twenty minutes later feel hungry again. In particular, I lately find myself craving baked goods and literally nothing (not fruit or other healthier options with sugar, not savory meals, not even other food with high fat content, etc.) will make that feeling go away until I eat the specific baked good (I am on my period, but still).

I guess my question is for how long I should keep going. Is there any benefit at this point to me losing more weight to get myself further down into the "healthy" BMI range? I will of course continue to exercise, but I think that creating more of a calorie deficit with my diet will only get increasingly harder. However, my weight fluctuates quite a bit - for the past week (I weight myself every day) I have bounced around between 114 and 115 pounds - and I am scared that upping my calorie intake by around 200 calories or so a day will lead to very rapid and large weight gain. I do NOT want to return to where I was two years ago.

EDIT: I know that BMI is a flawed system that doesn't work for everyone - however, I am not muscular at all nor am I exceptionally tall so I think that it is an accurate measure in my case.

EDIT 2: Figured I'd also mentioned that water intake is no issue for me. I drink 2L on a bad day; it is very normal for me to drink 3L or more in a day.

submitted by /u/pinatadog
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2ZXbdYy

Post a Comment

0 Comments