Lost 70 pounds, gained 40 back, and struggling immensely. Please help.

I just finished with a rough mental breakdown over my weight and realized enough is enough. I'm hoping you all can share some advice with me.

5 years ago I lost 70-ish pounds. My starting weight was around 215 and it took me a year and a half to lose the weight. A majority of it was lost in college, where I was on the go all the time, at the gym for close to 2 hours a day, and not going out to breweries because I wasn't 21 and also couldn't afford it. Also didn't eat out that much.

I kept it off for a solid 2 years, started dating my fiance, turned 21, stopped going to the gym as much, got a big girl (desk) job, and now here I am.

It is so hard for me to lose weight again. It feels so much harder than the first time. It feels like I am less motivated because I spend so much time beating myself up, looking at pictures of how much weight I had lost or just visualizing it, and seeing how I let it go. I was obese my whole childhood - it was a huge dream of mine to finally be healthy, and I got there. I got to see and feel what it was like. And now it is gone. I just took a shower and felt my body and cried. It's like I know what I need to do to stop this, but can't bring myself to do it.

I live in NC and with our gyms still being closed, I am struggling even more. Pre-covid I was going every day and was trying to lose at around 180. I've gained 10 pounds since March. I've tried eating healthy while at home, and have done some Youtube workouts, but jumping around my living room for cardio vs. lifting weights in the gym... it's hard to get myself there mentally. When doing living room workouts I just keep counting down until it's over. At the gym, I can keep going forever.

Have any of you lost weight, gained weight, and lost again successfully to keep it off for good?

I appreciate any insight here.

I'm 25, female, and currently weigh 190. I'm only 5'1, so I think I should be eating less than what is typically recommended. I have tried calorie tracking with LoseIt and they originally told me to eat 1,700 calories a day to lose 1 pound a week, and for 30 days that wasn't happening.

submitted by /u/toochies
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/30hUn5h

Post a Comment

0 Comments