Never underestimate time and discipline

21M/6'1 SW: 282lbs; CW: 213lbs; GW: 180lbs (ish)

One thing I wanted to share with you guys that I realised while on my night-time run today is that we are all in a life long process. I'm going to be 22 next year, 23 the following year, 30 in 2030. Those days will arrive whether I like it or not. So understanding that the opportunity to improve my health is finite really really pushes me everyday to stick to my calories, do my 2 miles 5 times a week, hit my 10k steps everyday and continue to work on the weightlifting and body weight exercises as much as possible. Some of my friends and family call me an old soul because I've explained this very thought pattern to them which is quite funny.

2019 was a very bad year for me personally. Lost a few very close family members and overall just wasn't motivated to do much. 280lbs is a crazy weight to look back on me being simply because I look at old pictures and it's a completely different person physically and mentally to now. I weighed that much in January and it was the month after in February where I decided to make a big lifestyle change suddenly. Dropped calories down a ton, started tracking calories and also started all the exercise. I know that some people would need to gradually work themselves into a routine of dietary and exercise lifestyle changes but I literally jumped in head first with regimental discipline. It is the sort of weird side of myself personally where if I truly have something I want to achieve I will achieve it. I guess it's lucky that this whole weight loss became my new thing.

The funny thing is, I gave myself a goal of 3 stone (42lbs) that I wanted to lose by Christmas. It hasn't even been 6 months and I've massively surpassed that goal which brings me to my next point that I wanted to share. Have confidence in yourself. I'm naturally a very confident person but when it came to my weight loss I always wanted to play it safe just to avoid potential upset if I didn't hit a goal. That mindset has been changed so much recently to the point where I would encourage you to push towards the crazy goals that seem impossible. You know they're crazy and unrealistic, but so is winning the lottery and we all daydream in detail about what we would do if we won that. But the difference is that we can actually put in the discipline and effort in place day by day to at least work towards those crazy weight loss goals. Imagine I end off 2020 with a freaking 6 pack or something mad. From 280+lbs to that in 1 year. 1 year! Is that possible? I don't particularly care. It is a goal that I have set for myself, a bit less focus on the lbs and more on the body fat percentage (currently 22%). So my next challenge is knocking off like 8% body fat. Good fun!

Improving the mental side of things has always been the key for me. I've had a conversation with a friend before who asked if I was losing weight for anyone in particular. I screwed my face up and simply said that the only person I'm doing this for is myself. I think from day one it should be all about improving your own health, not improving others perception of you from a physical standpoint.

submitted by /u/MartYnnnn
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2WxryRq

Post a Comment

0 Comments