Scared for people to notice my weight loss

I have been working from home full time since early March due to COVID. I've lost about 40 pounds since then (gone from BMI of 37.4 to 31.8), and will likely lose at least another 10-15 by the time we go back to the office. I haven't seen almost any of my coworkers this whole time.

I have a lot of anxiety around going back to the office and having to deal with everyone noticing my weight loss all at the same time. It makes my blood pressure spike to think about my manager saying something like, "Have you lost weight?" or a colleague saying "Wow! You look great!" in passing.

If I psychoanalyze myself, I think my fear stems from the fact that if someone says something like "You look great!" the implication is, "compared to what you used to look like." I wish I could erase everyone's memory and have them think I was thin the whole time.

Anyone else have an experience like this?

submitted by /u/sevenmillionmonsters
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2CRLVSw

Post a Comment

0 Comments