I winged it today with tofu and thought I'd share my delicious salad (simple)

Extra Firm Tofu

on Spring Mix (or whatever you like)

(add veggies as desired, btw - I just had none lol)

With Raspberry Vinaigrette

Tofu:

  • Drain tofu, wrap in a paper towel and set a heavy object on top to drain. I usually let mine drain for an hour (changing the paper towels when they get soaked through)
  • Remove tofu from paper towel and place on a cutting board. Cut block into cubes.
  • Wrap the cubes again in paper towels and place a relatively heavy object on top. Drain for 15-30 minutes. (*Preheat oven to 400 while doing this)
  • Prepare your spices. I used Ground Cumin, Garlic Powder and Curry Powder. I also added salt and pepper to taste.
  • After 15-30 minutes place your tofu in a mixing bowl and drizzle with olive oil. Add spices and make sure tofu is coated.
  • Place tofu on a baking sheet and put the sheet in the oven for at least 30 minutes (I do mine for 40 for extra crispy tofu)

So after I do all this I get my greens ready, put some tofu on them, and use a tablespoon of raspberry vinaigrette. I added a little more pepper and a dash of salt and it was delicious. And filling! I had an almond butter kind bar afterward and I'm stuffed. And it was only around 350 calories for everything (including the bar)

submitted by /u/2confrontornot
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Zus1FU

Post a Comment

0 Comments